Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Norma, her guide dog and the AVT film crew

Life was quite exciting here in Brighton and Hove last week! The National Federation of the Blind UK of which I am an active member commissioned the filming of a DVD in the City. This took two days and featured Norma Town (from Darlington in NE England) who is President of the NFB, Keith Turner (Brighton) and myself (Hove). The purpose of this film was twofold: we wanted to show how blind or partially sighted people negotiate obstructions on our pavements; we also wanted to draw attention to the problems caused by the current introduction of so-called "shared spaces" schemes into our towns. When the DVD is completed I hope to do something new in my blog. I want to add a video of all or part of the DVD onto my blog. I don't know how to do this yet so don't hold your breath. I would like to add to this posting a photo and article that appeared in our local daily newspaper, The Argus, on 6 September 2008. However, I have not posted a newspaper photo before and I'm not quite sure how to do just now! We will fix this in the next week or so so look out. Hollywood, here we come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home