Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Friday, July 03, 2009

Second posting of 3 July 2009

In this posting I mention a very successful trip to Osborne House on the Isle of Wight which I undertook with City Synergy on 6 June 2009. Osborne House was the home for most of her reign of Queen Victoria and is well worth visiting. It is set in lovely grounds which Victoria increased by purchasing adjacent land whenever it came on the market.To a tree freak like myself, the giant trees were particularly appealing. I am pleased to say that our guide, employed by Natural England, allowed, nay encouraged us to touch the statues etc. In this posting are 4 representative photos but as you can imagine there are more on my Flickr Photo Gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home