Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

More reasonable telephone charges in the UK

My posting today is of an unusual kind for me. Telephone calls in the UK especially from mobile phones have been unreasonable until today. Few people know how much they are paying when they dial an 0845 number etc.

The most iniquitous thing is calls to 0800 numbers which are free for landlines have not been free for mobiles. Many poor people and young people do not have access to landlines and in fact sometimes don't even know what they are! :)

Ofcom, the communications regulator, is introducing a new initiative called UK Calling. It is designed to help make it easier to understand how much it costs per call to call 08, 09 and 118 telephone numbers (also known as ‘service numbers’) and comes into effect from 1st July 2015. 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home