Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Monday, December 14, 2015

The Campaign Against TTIP Continues. Here Is Support from an Unlikely Source

Last week, we got one of our biggest signals yet that our campaign against TTIP is working. MPs debated the dodgy deal in parliament, and not only were MPs from Labour and the SNP speaking out against TTIP, but the influential Conservative MP Peter Lilley (not a big fan of 38 Degrees) stood up and said:

"I am especially hostile to all those people who press the button on 38 Degrees campaigns that relate to anything against trade and business. I was rather surprised, therefore, to find myself sympathising with four people who appeared in my surgery and announced, to a groan from me, that they were members of 38 Degrees and had concerns about TTIP. They actually raised some very important points that resonated with me from my experience of past negotiations."
 
I hope this encourages people to follow what's going on in the TTIP arena and to speak out against it. Remember, it was 38 Degrees that led the campaign against TTIP...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home