Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Thursday, February 05, 2015

Save Brighton Hippodrome!

I don't often make reference to local (Brighton and Hove) issues on my blog but I thought I would draw attention to this petition. It is to save the Brighton Hippodrome from being turned into cinema screens and shops. The Hippodrome is a historic theatre and dance hall which has been left to decline. Inexplicably, the Council has given planning permission for the cinema/retail option. Those developers have now pulled out, it seems, and there's a good opportunity to save the Hippodrome.

Please consider signing this petition and informing people about what is happening. This matter need not only concern local people but everyone as Brighton is often visited by people from all over the world and there's a great demand for live theatre. We have quite enough shops already!

Thank you very much.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/council-must-help-save-brighton-hippodrome

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home