Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Welcome News From the European Parliment

Today in the south of England it is dreary and raining heavily but I found some very welcome news in my Inbox this morning. Like many of you, I am following closely the Wikileaks saga. Without further ado, I give you this bulletin from Blogtrottr, which is a kind of clearing house which gives me info from blogs concerning subjects in which I (and you?!) am interested.

2012-11-20 European Parliament votes to protect WikiLeaks
http://wlcentral.org/node/2771

Nov 20th 2012, 19:54

In a landmark decision today the European Parliament initiated the drafting of legislation that would stop the arbitrary banking blockades against WikiLeaks and other organizations facing economic censorship. This is an important signal from the European lawmakers. It is a recognition of the seriousness of the precedents set in December 2010, still in force, when Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Western Union and Bank of America launched a unilateral, extrajudicial banking blockade against donations to WikiLeaks.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at http://blogtrottr.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home