Welcome to Bennett's World: a collection of articles and references covering a wide variety of topics in which I am involved. I am a very political person but I have no allegiance to any political party. Follow me on twitter @colinhove

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Digest of Wikileaks news I've found in May

As regular readers will know I am a keen supporter of Wikileaks and Julian Assange. I try to let people know what is happening on that front but have been a bit negligent recently. I am hoping to amend that now. Here is a bumper information-packed posting of the items that have caught my eye in the past few weeks:

1. An interview with Sarah Harrison, who helped to publish the leaked documents and saved Edward Snowden's life.
 
2.This is Snowden's speech upon receiving the 2014 Ridenhour Prize, where he talks about the US Freedom Act and what is to be done next.

3. A Daily Mail article about the public cost of keeping Assange under lock and key in Knightsbridge. £6 million, they say.

4. Another Edward Snowden speech, this time marking his election as rector at the University of Glasgow.

5. On 19 June 2014 it will have been two years since Julian Assange holed up in the Ecuadorian embassy. A vigil is being held. I might well go that and will be glad to hear from any of my readers (both of them!) who are likewise interested.

[EDIT] 6. How could I forget? Glenn Greenwald's book was released this week. I'm eager for it to be released on Audible but for now you can order a print copy and get the lead on me.





I shall soon be giving out another resume of Julian-linked events. Don't forget to support his campaign financially if you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home